1. Who is Anmeco OptiMedia Communications Inc.?
Anmeco OptiMedia Communications Inc. (AMC). is the “parent” of a group of subsidiary companies focusing on the print and media sectors. Through its multimedia marketing facilities, AMC increasingly is developing the geographic platforms and complete service offering needed to cover the entire domestic and international South Asian market. AMC is Canada’s leading South Asian multimedia company, both online and offline.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about “an identifiable individual” or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your forwarding address (e.g. during a vacation), previous address(es), payment information (for billing purposes), your mailing preferences (such as “no scents”, “no wrappers”, etc.), delivery instructions, and individual customer service preferences (such as “do not solicit”). In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background. For example, we sometimes ask our customers to complete surveys in order to get a better sense of who they are and what issues, products or services may be of interest to them and our readership. Finally, from time to time, we may acquire demographic and other information about you (e.g. your occupation and interests) from an outside organisation, but only if you have previously agreed to allow such an organization to disclose the information to companies such as AMC.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) To provide the product, service or information you requested
If you are a customer of one of our publications, we use your name and address (postal and/or e-mail) in order to deliver the product, service or information you requested and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., send a bill, notify you that your subscription is expiring, etc.). If you enter into a contest offered through one of our websites or printed publications, we use your personal information to administer the contest on our own behalf or on behalf of our sponsors.
- (b) To process payment
Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options – not for marketing purposes.
- (c) To send you information
From time to time we may send you further information about the publication, its offers, or other products produced or presented under the ANOKHI Brand.
- (d) Other purposes
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to detect and protect AMC and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with AMC policies and contractual obligations;
- to understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to obtain audited statements regarding numbers of subscribers per publication;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Anokhi Media Corp (AMC).
- for any other purpose we would inform you of from time to time.
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) Disclosure to Service Providers We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services on our behalf, including label printers, invoice printers, fulfillment contractors, auditors, our software developers (including website developers and hosts), data processing, document management and office services. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to an organization or individual retained by AMC to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account or to our auditors. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- (b) Disclosure to Affiliates and Business Units We may disclose your personal information to any of the companies and business units that form part of Anokhi Media Corp (i.e. our subsidiaries and affiliates) in order to serve you better and to provide you with information about our multimedia group’s products and services.
- (c) Disclosure to Trading Partners From time to time our magazine or web sites may make their list of customers available to other carefully screened organizations (such as other magazines, book publishers, banks or charities) that want to let you know about a product or service that might interest you. The material to be sent to you is reviewed by us before the names and addresses (including e-mail addresses) are released to ensure the organization is reputable and material is appropriate and not misleading.
- (e) Law Enforcement and Legal DisclosureAMC may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where AMC has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to AMC’s legal counsel.
If you would prefer for us NOT to share your information as described above in sections 4(a)-4(d), simply inform us at [email protected].
5. Control of your personal information
At the Anmeco OptiMedia Communications Inc. we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. Most specifically:
- You may have the right to “opt out” of some or all of the identified purposes, uses and disclosures listed in sections 3 and 4 above.
- You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, service or information you requested.
- E-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and an “Unsubscribe” option.
- If you receive a mailing from our consumer magazine and or one of our web sites and you wish to know the source of your name (i.e. what list it came from), we will make every reasonable effort to determine the source and provide you with the information. For this request, or to confirm that any personal information we may have is correct, please contact us at [email protected].
As mentioned previously, we may not be able to provide you with our services if you withdraw your consent to our use of some of your personal information, in a secure and proper manner.
6. Where is your personal information stored?
Your personal information is stored in secured servers, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers. For access to your personal information, contact us at [email protected] or call 905-501-9907
7. How can you access your personal information?
Upon written request, subject to certain exceptions, AMC will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Contact us as provided in Item 6 above.
8. How do we protect your personal information?
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Only authorized employees and suppliers have access to your personal information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all your information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service.
Where applicable, AMC does or will operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security, and via PayPal.com. We do not collect personal information from bulletin boards, or forums (blogs). However, we cannot guarantee that personal information voluntarily disclosed in chat rooms or discussion boards (blogs) will not be collected and used by others, which may result in unsolicited messages to you from other parties.
9. Privacy and our websites
In some instances AMC collects personal information through its various web sites. In this section, we provide you with additional information regarding such collection.
Online Communications – In order to provide AMC web site visitors with a product, service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, subscribing to, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to AMC as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store personal information about your use of our websites and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
E-Mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the products and services of AMC and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if recipients decide they do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from AMC.
Also, if you send us an email message, we may retain that message and your email address, as well as any response we send you.
Advertisers – If you submit some of your personal information on any AMC web site to request information from a third party (such as an advertiser), we are not responsible for any use of your personal information by such a third party. Hence, we suggest that you first learn more about such third party’s privacy policies prior to submitting your personal information by visiting its website or contacting it by postal mail or telephone.
Opinion Polls – Opinion polls on our websites are anonymous. We do not correlate votes submitted via such polls with names or individual email addresses, unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
Searches – For your convenience, search functions are sometimes provided on our web sites. We keep logs of the words searched to learn more about what kind of information our visitors are seeking, and thus improve our services.
Hyperlinks – For your convenience, AMC’s websites sometimes contain hyperlinks to web sites managed by third parties. By activating these hyperlinks, you will leave AMC’s web sites for those of the third parties, which may have different privacy policies and practices than does AMC. AMC cannot be held liable for the use of such third party web sites.
Advertising to Children – We believe that AMC’s web sites appeal directly to children of 13 years old or less. We do not knowingly direct our advertising at children under the age of 13, except where and as it is permitted by law.
Individuals Under 18 – No personal information should be submitted or posted on our web sites by individuals under 18 years of age without their parent’s or guardian’s permission. We may request name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth from an individual under 18 years of age for contest participation so that we may notify him or her if selected as a winner. In the event we do so, we will request their parent’s or guardian’s consent prior to collection.
No information collected from online guests under 18 years of age is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever by AMC. Unless otherwise disclosed at collection, we do not provide any personal information collected through any AMC web site from individuals under 18 years old, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
11. Contact Us
1179 King St West, Suite 205
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3C5
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (416) 535-3700